Saturday, January 5, 2008

Our trip to Dallas

I got off work Friday morning at 7:00 and decided that I couldn't spend another minute in Lubbock, so I went straight to Craig, who was still in bed of course, and ask him to please take me somewhere, anywhere. He looked at me like I was crazy, but by 4:00, we were on our way to Dallas. (I love that I have a husband that will do things spur of the moment) We figured that if we were going to drag our tired children, who by the way had not had a nap all day, to Dallas, we should at least take them to do something fun. The weather was amazing, so we decided on the Fort Worth Zoo. Mason loved every minute of it, as you can see from the huge, dorky smile on his face. Reece on the other hand was not as enthusiastic, but was a trooper as always. She's so much more easy going than Mason, but way more dramatic. . After the trip to the Zoo, we off course had to go toy shopping, so Mason could get ANOTHER motorcycle (his favorite toy by the way)! We had so much fun seeing all the animals, shopping and spending time with Aunt Samantha.
We are so blessed to be able to go on spur of the moment trips like this with our kids. Craig and I have always dreamed of doing these things as a family. What an Awesome God we have!

2 comments:

Katie Gober said...

i want you to know that i had so much fun with you guys that weekend! it was so nice just to be around you guys in normal life stuff with kids joyful and kids tired, chocolate milk time - it was great! didn't know you had a blog and i've really enjoyed reading some of your entries! glad you had fun on your ski trip!!! you're a blessing rachel!

Rachel Roberson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.