Monday, January 14, 2008

A Baby?

Mason came into the bathroom the other day, and out of nowhere, said "mom, I need another sister". I asked him why, and I asked him if he still liked his sister. He told me that he loved his sister, but he just needed another one. For a second I thought that maybe he knew something that I didn't, then I thought that maybe he had been talking to Craig, but Craig wants another boy, and Mason specifically said he didn't want a brother, he wants a sister. The entire conversation scared me a little because it has been a non stop battle between Craig and I the last few months, because He wants to have another baby so bad. Don't get me wrong, I love kids, especially the two that I already have, and I wouldn't mind having another, just not yet. As I write this, both of my children are taking naps, and the house is quiet. I love this time to myself so much. I can clean, watch TV or take a nap myself. I just started eating right and exercising and I feel really good. I have lost 8lbs, and I am really not looking forward to gaining that back just yet. Both of my sisters have newborns, and sometimes when I am around them it makes me want another one, but that feeling quickly goes away.
So, we will see. I am going to try and hold Craig off for a few more months, but he's pretty hard headed. :) And Mason has a way of always getting what he wants. I guess it's just a matter of me not being selfish about having time to myself. ( I think I need to be selfish for a few more months though) :)

1 comment:

Denae said...

I cannot believe that you had 8 pounds to lose! Are you sure about that? :)

Well...good luck with the baby thing! Better you than me. :)