Friday, February 1, 2008

Our New House!

Well, our New House is almost complete! (On paper that is.) Our final plans will be finished in the next week. Yeah! I cannot tell you how excited I am to finaly be living in my very own home. Craig is going to venture outside the world of Gutters, Sprinkler Systems and Fences, and into the world of Home Building. Our house will be the first on his list. We have already found land, so the next step will be to begin getting estimates on framing, concrete, cabinets, etc. It is looking like it will be about 8-9 months before we move in, but it will be well worth it in the end.
For Christmas I asked for Gift Cards, New bedding, and furniture for the new house, which I received, and now I have to wait unitl I have the house before I can move it all in. My garage is full of new things just waiting to be put to use. Craig's Mom Debbie is an Interior Decorator, so as far as colors, flooring, and everything "decorating" has to offer, will be at my disposal.
The plan is to live in the house for at least 2 years, then build a new house. We will continue that process for 10-12 years then hopefully be mortgage free. What a blessing that will be. (I wonder if then I could quit working all together :) My house will have three bedrooms, three baths, an office and a basement. It isn't huge, but it will be just right for the four of us. I will post pictures just as soon as the house begins to take shape, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Katie Gober said...

that is so exciting!!!