Sunday, February 10, 2008

Happy Valentines Day/ Happy Anniversary!

Craig and I had a Great time this last weekend, when we celebrated Valentine's Day and our Anniversary early. Because I have to work on Valentine's Day and we will be out of town for Shane and Beth's wedding on our anniversary, we, or I guess I should say "I" decided to celebrate them both this last weekend. I am not even close to being the most romantic girl I know, and usually Craig is the one that does all the romancing in our relationship. It is because of that that I decided to plan something fun.
I decided that we needed to get away from the house for a night without the kids, so I booked us a room at Embassy Suits. I also made us reservations at Las Brisas steak house, which by the way was amazing. I had asked Mom and Dad if the kids could spend the night with them, so before Craig got home, I dropped them off at their house. I had already packed a bag and taken it to the hotel, so that Craig would have no idea what I had planned. I even went so far as to buy him a new tooth brush and deodorant so that I wouldn't have to pack his without him knowing.
We had a really good time. We were in bed by 9:00, and we slept in the next morning. It was so great to get away with my husband, even if it was just down the road to a hotel. Craig was so surprised, and he just kept saying "is this really happening" I loved that he had no idea about my plans and that he had a good time. I love sharing my life with such an amazing man, and I can't wait for the rest of my life with him.

3 comments:

Denae said...

Good job Rachel! I'll have to steal your idea sometime.

Magen said...

You did a good job, sister! I bet Craig was really surprised! Can't wait to see y'all this weekend!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog! I'm excited to get to know you better & read about your family!